[USML Announce] Things Beginning To Meche for Rips Twirler Gil

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 10:35:54 EDT 2006

There is been little to be excited about when it comes to the Rips' starting
pitching this year, but the lone bright spot really os beginning to sparkle:
that would be Seattle starter Gil Meche.

"It's true," weighed in Andy Klein between phone calls to the New York
Yankees medical staff to inquire about Johnny Damon.  "I looked up Gil
Meche's numbers and I'm impressed.  Mind you, I wouldn't trade Craig Hansen
for Meche, but that's only because I'm dangling Hansen to the LMC for the
likes of A-Rod and Crawford.  But check out Gil's thrills: 17 starts, 7
wins, a 3.92 ERA, a 1.35 WHIP  and 82 Ks in 103 IP.  Those are the kinds of
numbers that win championships, not that I'm interested in one of those, but
hey I sure hope the likes of Kerbs and Shabes or Robbins don't read
this...."