[USML Announce] A Double Whopper: Burgos King Regains Throne

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 17:10:36 EDT 2006

"Another day, another keeper for the Rips," observed the ever-reticent
Jeffrey Winick.  "You tell me: in a in a universe where the likes of minor
league set up men like Craig Hansen get bought at auction for $9, how can
the Rips not retain Ambrioux Burgos, the KC Closer, for a mere $11.  Between
Burgos and Putz that's a lotta saves for $12...the problem, as I see it, is
that the Rips have over 20 keepers.  As Brad Jansen's patron and sponsor, I
certainly favor granting him a special use permit to allow him to retain all
those guys...but I know how harshly the League treated Brad upon his return
this spring and I'm not optimistic...but who knows, some of those nice young
players could get bundled in a deal with the Klein-Nine..."