[USML Announce] DUMP Update - Morales Headed Down and Out???

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 21:44:54 EDT 2006

Word out of the Riptorn camp is that they are very concerned about the news
emanating from Los Angeles/Anaheim.  Brad Lee had this statement for  the
press:

"We stuck with this kid through his struggles, but this is likely to be the
last straw.  Down in Triple A with a Y2 contract spells doom for his  chances
as a Riptorn.  Nonetheless, we think he'd look great on another  roster and
hereby let the league membership know that he is available for the  right price.
 Any suckers.....er......teams interested should contact me  immediately.
He's sure to move quickly.

        _Kendry Morales_
(http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=186176&id=777)  - 1B - _Angels_
(http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.asp?sport=MLB&lastline=186176&majteam=ANA)

 (http://rotoworld.com/lm/reports/teamhome.asp?leaguenum=&showtm=xxx)
The Orange County Register reports that the  Angels are considering sending
Kendry Morales to Triple-A.
The team would replace Morales at first base with a  platoon of Dallas
McPherson and Robb Quinlan. "Kendry's still a guy  we have a lot of confidence in,
but there comes a point with any  player where he needs to get it done, or if
there's a better option,  you'll do it," manager Mike Scioscia said. "I'm not
saying we're at  that point, but we're watching it very closely." Jul. 24 -
9:27 am et
Source: _Orange County Register_
(http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/atoz/article_1220109.php)