[USML Announce] Lugo, Girl! Nukes Hit Hardest By Waiver Wire Deadline Deal

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 19:26:07 EDT 2006

     "The surprise trade of Julio Lugo to the LA Dodgers casts our own race
in a different light," observed wry roto commentator Jeffrey Winick.
"Unless the Klein Nine sits Corey Patterson --a move that would not surprise
me given Klein's plan to play Ryan Sweeney every day upon his recall by the
fading White Sox-- the Nukes likely will lose a stolen base point to the
Kleiners and very well could lose another SB point to the surging Riptorns,
who now have added B.J. Upton and Shin-Soo Choo to their already
overwhelming arsenal. And right now I have a struggling associate working
the numbers to confirm my theory that the Nukes will lose at least one BA
point as well.

      "Now I don't sell the Nukes short.  Here's a team that convinced the
unwitting Andy Klein to take Mark Teahan for chrissakes, and if he doesn't
fit the prototype of the Chris Shelton Flameout Model, I don't know who
does.  But as I look at the Nukes' roster during my sips pf green tea, I
wonder what he can do to fill that MI slot.  Will the LMC finally part
company with Carl  Crawford to acquire Shane Costa and/or David Wells?  Will
the Klein Nine part company with Johnny Damon to get back Milt Bradley now
that he's had a good game?  Will Kerbs dupe the Rips into thinking 'R
Rivera' is former Rips' #1 propsect Ruben Rivera and get back Shin-Soo Choo?

     "So, all may not be well in Nukes Nation, but Kerbs all year has
demonstrated remarkable resilience, cunning and guile, let alone a  ruthless
refusal to even grant the Hoosier Daddies supervised visitation with The
Damon. It's gut check time for the Nukes and frankly, it's time I start
considering a few tummy-tightening exercises myself.  I understand that more
than our portraits will be featured in next year's baseball fantasy mag and
I know this expert's not quite ready to let it all hang out..."