[USML Announce] Will Nukes Thrive On Teahan Sympathy?

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 17:21:53 EDT 2006

Have the Nukes re-loaded their arsenal to fend off another assault by the
super-charged and headstrong Angry Young Men?  Or will the Nukes go the way
of the Alamo, either the historical event or mediocre film of same name?

"It's difficult to project the numbers," intoned roto guru Jeffrey Winick.
"But I can and will say this much: the return of Mark Teahan to the Nukes'
active roster is huge.  Let me explain why: first, he will provide the type
of numbers one would expect from Red Hots' cast-off Doug Meintkiewicz  (and
why oh why would one waive him for Greg Norton explain to me in this
Lifetime, please). In other words, solid, across-the-board numbers. Teahan
is a nice complement to Everett, DeRosa, et al.  In other words, a good
player on a contending team surrounded by solid veterans. Secondly, at a
mere $3 in the first year of his contract, he obviously will have keeper
appeal to teams still looking to dump, such as the Klein-9 and perhaps the
Red Hots.  This could be a huge to the Nukes: having just one more keeper to
trade may just may be enough to thwart the Raging Young Men.

"Now, will the Nukes hold off the Men?  Well, you'll have to buy my
subscription service for more detailed, insightful analysis--even more so
than this.  But take this to the bank and as my gift to each of you: it's a
marathon, not a race. And that is all for now.  I am getting an honorary
degree in fantasy baseball studies from Oakton Community College and I must
leave now to be fitted for my cap...I bring my own tassles if you must
know."