[USML Announce] Will Nukes Thrive On Teahan Sympathy?

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Jun 5 17:39:00 EDT 2006

Since you asked, Norton qualifies in the outfield.  Doug M does not.  I needed to fill an outfield slot.  They both stink.
-----Original Message-----
From: "Brad Jansen" <bljansen at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:21:48
To:"USML Announcements" <announce at usml.net>
Subject: [USML Announce] Will Nukes Thrive On Teahan Sympathy?

Have the Nukes re-loaded their arsenal to fend off another assault by the super-charged and headstrong Angry Young Men?? Or will the Nukes go the way of the Alamo, either the historical event or mediocre film of same name?
?
"It's difficult to project the numbers," intoned roto guru Jeffrey Winick. "But I can and will say this much: the return of Mark Teahan to the Nukes' active roster is huge.? Let me explain why: first, he will provide the type of numbers one would expect from?Red Hots' cast-off Doug Meintkiewicz? (and why oh why would?one waive him for Greg Norton explain to me in this Lifetime, please). In other words, solid, across-the-board numbers. Teahan is a nice complement to Everett, DeRosa, et al.? In other words, a good player on a contending team surrounded by solid veterans.?Secondly, at a mere $3 in the first year of his contract, he obviously will have keeper appeal to teams still looking to dump, such as the Klein-9 and perhaps the Red Hots.? This could be a huge?to the Nukes: having just one more keeper to trade may just may be enough to thwart the Raging Young Men.
?
"Now, will the Nukes hold off the Men?? Well, you'll have to buy my subscription service for more detailed, insightful analysis--even more so than this.? But take this to the bank and as my gift to each of you: it's a marathon, not a race. And that is all for now.? I am getting an honorary degree in fantasy?baseball studies from Oakton Community College and I must leave now to be fitted for my cap...I bring my own tassles if you must know."? _______________________________________________
announce mailing list
announce at usml.net