[USML Announce] Minor League Draft: The Longoria and Short of It--Winick's Genius

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:59:28 EDT 2006

Once again, the Genius of Jeff Winick in full bloom...short he batted .500
on his draft picks, but even Klein will acknowledge that Evan Longoria was
the best college position player in the draft--now Jeff has a $5 stud
prospect who likely will play 3B for the Devil Rays by season's end.  My
advice to Andy is that after another performance of *Beckett*, you
might start examining Jeff's keepers.  I know for a fact Jeff wants to beat
me this year even if it's only 9th place, so he might dangle a morsel or two
for some of your talent, and that would be the non-pitching variety.

Anyway, I for one shall continue to worship at the Altar of Winick and turn
my tassels counter-clockwise in honor of his genius.