[USML Announce] Matt LaPorta - Wherefore art thou??

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 15:39:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/6/2006 1:52:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
JHWinick at aol.com writes:

Many of you may recall that this was Mark Kerber's super-secret top  scoring
college/high school prospect.  It would appear that he is so  super-secret
that the MLB teams haven't heard about him either.  We're  now half way through
the 3rd round and the name LaPorta has yet to be  called.  I'll keep you posted.

They've heard about him--maybe that's part of the problem.  He didn't  have a
very good year, plus he's a Boras client.  He's still considered the  best
college power hitter in the draft, but that seems to be like being a tall  pygmy
this year.  I'd still prefer him to Stubbs--a "tools" guy who hasn't
delivered and strikes out too much (aside from his going to the NL, of  course).
Right now, I'd say Longoria is easily the best pick of the  amateurs that went in
our draft.  Of course, he's no Alex Gordon.

Mark

P.S.  Jeff:  Let me know if you still need the info you  requested.  Thanks.