[USML Announce] Long and Short of Klein Nine's Desperate Deal

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 08:41:09 EDT 2006

Jeffrey Winick was somewhat tight-lipped about the news of the GOP/Klein-9
deal.  He issued this terse remark: "As so many of you know, I typically
don't comment on deals between or among non-contenders.  I simply don't have
that kind of time, what with running a mid-size law firm, managing 4 other
fantasy baseball teams and trying to keep my modelling career on track.  But
I take modest interest in watching the former frontrunner self-destruct and
now tread wildly as the alligators swarm around him.  He clearly oversold
Sarge Jr. and Lopez, but what does he get? A few more ABs, I suppose, but
they are of minimal value.  Overbay is Mark Grace Lite and Terrence Long is
below-avaerage filler until the Yankees can find some real players to roam
the OF.   This race will be over by the All-Star Break. I said it once, and
I will say it again because I don't think anyone's paying enough attention
to me. Oh, that's Mark Blocker on the phone--gotta run!"