[USML Announce] Re: Fwd: Jason Grey: Minor League Report:Billy Butler, Th...

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 12:22:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/9/2006 12:12:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
RERobbins at iTinker.net writes:

I think  that the rules have been very effective at moderating the highly
concentrated  deals.  The cap, floor and asterisk rules provide meaningful
limits.  The bidding rule that makes it essentially impossible to  unilaterally
create an asterisk player works too.  We have four teams in  the running with
trades going beyond pure magic bean types.  By making it  really tough for one
team to get all of the high value players that a  non-contender has top offer it
seems reasonable to expect a greater number of  deals in which the
non-contending team attempts to harvest its current  value.  By disbursing value
throughout the league we tend to keep a more  level playing field.  We've eliminated
the bulk of the huge deals we used  to see.  When major league teams are out
of the running, they dump salary  and take prospects for the future.

Amen - Brother Robbins.  See my most recent post and join us in  DUMP.  You
will be welcomed with open arms.

Jeff Winick