[USML Announce] Cheese Burgos In Paradise: A Winick Observation

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 23:24:02 EDT 2006

"Ambriox Burgos earned save number eight tonight," began Jeff  Winick,
breathless between press conferences announcing his latest non-profit
venture DUMP. "Granted, it was his eighth in fourteen opportunities.  But
that's the key: opportunity.  And that word "opportunity" describes DUMP's
mission: everyone of our players will have an equal opportunity to be traded
for minor league prospects and Rule 5 Cubans (naturalized).

" But seriously, Foulke: Compare Burgos' saves total to those of  Guardardo,
Jones and Foulke, to name just a few.  Burgos cost a mere $11, at least half
of their salaries..and imagine if any one of the League's contenders had
those 8 saves in its column.  Standings, and the Fortunes they bring, would
change dramatically.  It is these types of electrifying players who truly
impact the outcome of the annual race.  As a founding member and ex officio
condo, I encourage League owners to offer the Rips someone of fair
consideration in exchange for Burgos.  It will be DUMP's inaugural trade and
prizes will be awarded. Let's get it started."