[USML Announce] The Dreaded Vote of Confidence: Todd Dammit!

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 22:12:21 EDT 2006

Mark:  Thanks so much for saying something nice about one of my players.  I
can only wish other owners in the league sometimes did the same, at least
before they make trade offers for my players.  While we're on the subject of
closers, I see that KC is nursing an early one run lead--and I must ask
myself, should I stay up all night to see Burgos net  his 10th save of the
year?   And I know all of you think I'm nuts but hey so what if I'm almost
in last (thanks, Jeffrey), but as dear Mr. Winick says true champions fight
wherever they fall, however they land...vigilance now will pay off in the
future.

But on a somber note, I do feel badly about the Angries' struggles.
Injuries are one thing, but to lose two costly closers (and I refer to the
trade prices paid, not their high salaries) to utter ineffectiveness makes
me cringe. And I'm not even talking about the Miceli acquisition involving
Jeffrey Winick.  What else can Shabes due to score a point or two in the
save category?  Will the race really come down to this: an over-the-hill
closer with an ERA over 7.50 and a vote of confidence?

Time for a cold shower, then back to Burgos.  Take two Thomes and call me in
the morning.
Brad