[USML Announce] Dukes Dukes It Out - Gets KOed

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 12:07:48 EDT 2006

This just in from the DUMP hotline:

One day prior to Tampa Bay announcing the return of Delmon Young from his
suspension, they found an able bodied replacement for the suspended list.

As reported in Baseball America:

More bad news came down in Durham, as the Devil Rays suspended  outfielder
Elijah Dukes indefinitely and sent him home to Tampa after Dukes got  into an
altercation with teammate Ryan Knox in front of the elevator at the  club?s
hotel while they were on the road in Charlotte on Saturday  night.

While the organization had little to say publicly about the  incident, Dukes
said he was told only to leave the team and added that the  6-foot-1,
184-pound Knox started the fight, and he said he would be cleared of  any wrongdoing.

?I don?t know what?s going on right now,? he said. ?I  haven?t heard from
anybody.?

This is the second time Dukes has been sent  home this season, but the first
time the Rays have announced a suspension for  the 21-year-old outfielder.

More to follow......

Jeffrey Winick
DUMP