[USML Announce] Hoosier Closer? Daddies Decide It's Meadows

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 23:51:23 EDT 2006

In an interesting and possibly vital new approach to roto strategy,  Rick
Gammons has "opted in"  to peerless genius Jeffrey Winick's latest pilot
program, the MEC Strategy (Most Expensive Closer).  "It is a fairly
straightforward strategy," said Rick. "Simply stated, that is, without the
usual Winick windbaggisms, I am to devote a substantial portion of my roto
budget to low-risk high-reward medium-built closers.  I spend whatever it
takes to secure the sure save  --expect me to deal for Rivera before the
trade deadline, and perhaps chase down Wickman and Todd Jones as well.
That's my reserve roster, lads. You can always pick up the $1 outfielder in
the draft, but it's so gosh darn difficult to get a bona fide closer.  So,
we'll see how the pilot program performs and go from there.  Jeff's promised
me a free copy of his roto magazine for being his first participant.  He's
such a nice guy.  How could I turn down his request when he made that kind
of offer?"