[USML Announce] League update -- Potential 11th team

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Wed Mar 8 06:01:30 EST 2006

I believe our league has consistently allowed an owner who was assuming
management of an existing franchise to simply step into the shoes of the
prior owner and that when we have added a franchise the new owner has
drafted from scratch -- i.e., no expansion draft.  When both events took
place at the same time, we made both owners draft from scratch.

People can debate whether this is/was the right approach, I'm just trying to
explain what we have done in the past.

I support an 11th team and agree that the new owner should just assume the
Cups franchise but will (of course) defer to the majority view.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of JHWinick at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:47 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] League update -- Potential 11th team

It was wrong when we made you and the Cups start from scratch and it would
be wrong now.  I was taught that two wrongs don't make a right.

More importantly, the circumstances are different.  This is a team that has
expressed a willingness to join our league at the 11th hour (no pun
intended) and one which will have very little time to prepare for the draft.

It does absolutely no harm to the league as we should have all been
operating on the assumption that the Cups would be returning.