[USML Announce] USML - Rosters announcements

Andy Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 05:09:58 EST 2006

Did Winick ever circulate his roster?

----- Original Message ----
From: MBBlocker at aol.com
To: announce at usml.net
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:32:54 AM
Subject: [USML Announce] USML - Rosters announcements

League:

  All of the retention rosters have now been entered into the league website, so if you go to the web page, you can see and print the retention rosters for each team.  As in the past, I would appreciate if each owner can verify that I have properly entered their own roster, and look for any errors in the rosters of other teams if you can.

  Two issues arose during entry.  Please help me resolve/confirm.

1.  Angries:  Joey Gathright was not activated last year, and his 2005 contract status on the website was listed as "0".  However, because he had more than 150 ABs, he becomes a Y2, not a Y1.  Doug had him listed as a Y2 in the e-mail he circulated containing his retention roster, so I believe he agrees, but I wanted to confirm.

2.  Nukes:  J. Clement shows up on the system as a Y2.  The website contains a function that automatically rolls over contract status, and his status was automatically rolled over to a Y2.  I cannot detect why.  I looked in the transaction archives from last year and could not find any transaction in which he was activated.  Mark Kerber had him listed as a contract status "0" in his e-mail containing his retention roster.  I am inclined to return Clement's contract status to "0" so please let me know if you are aware of some reason that should not be done.

  Finally, our league rules permit one free drop of a retained player (Rule 17.2).  However, for our purposes (i.e., in a pre-opening day draft), the date is to be set "by agreement."  Because the purpose of the free-drop rule was to permit a waiver near in time to the draft based on information acquired after opening day rosters were set, I propose that we set the free-drop deadline close to draft day.  Specifically, I propose the free drops be due by midnight, on Wednesday March 29.  Please let me know if you do not think this is the right date to use.

  Let me know if you have any questions.