[USML Announce] Announcement to League

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 13:03:19 EST 2006

As long as they bring beer, its fine...

  No seriously, I can't imagine kids of that age having the attention span to stick with the draft for 5-6 hours but if they're not a disruption and don't make the draft room too crowded, its ok with me.

  Since its a home situation and we aren't going to have vending machines, are there going to be some handy coolers or something in which we can toss some cans of soda?

JHWinick at aol.com wrote:
        League:

  Several owners (including Jeff, myself, and maybe Mark B.) have sons who are huge baseball fans and are clamoring to watch the draft.  With the proceedings being held in the suburbs this year ??? thanks, Rich! ??? we were hoping to bring them along for at least part of the day.   The kids are ???pre-teens???, in the 9-13 year-old range.

  Before we do this, though, we thought it was right to ask if anyone has objections to having the boys come along.  Let us know.  From my end, I will certainly respect anyone???s feeling that the draft should be kid-free.

  Thanks.