[USML Announce] Last Waiver

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 08:10:46 EST 2006

Blocker set the date a while back.  I think it was yesterday.

Also ... according to our Constitution, non-roster players are only
auction-eligible if designated by a team before the draft (see below).
Since some of us will be traveling tomorrow, I would ask that all
designations be made by the end of today.

-Andy

<<

Any player on an American League team's major league roster or disabled list
may be acquired in the Auction. Minor league . Notwithstanding the
foregoing, if the Auction shall be held before the opening day of the
baseball season, (i) all players on an American League team's 40-man roster
on Draft Day (or on a different day prior to Draft Day as the League, by
general agreement, shall determine) will be eligible to be acquired in the
Auction, regardless of expected major league status and (ii) any player not
on an American League team's 40-man roster on Draft Day (or relevant
different day) will not be eligible for to be acquired in the Auction,
regardless of expected major league status; provided, however, that any
non-rookie who is under contract with any American League team will be added
to the pool of players eligible to be acquired in the Auction if any USML
team designates that player to be added to the pool by Roster Freeze Day.
Any player who is purchased in an Auction that takes place before the
opening day of the baseball season will begin the season with Year One
contract status, even if the player is not on a USML team's Active Roster on
the opening day of the baseball season.

Andrew R. Klein

Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis

(317) 274-2099

  _____