[USML Announce] Fernando-Mania Comes to USML

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:58:32 EDT 2006

"I have seen the BCOF*," cried Jeff Winick.  "And quite frankly, I almost
wet my torreador pants when I saw him dominate those Rangers sluggers he
turned into Texas Toast."

Winick, of course, refers to Fernando Cabrera, Indians flamethrower fresh
off a DL stint where he reclaimed his control and his ascnet to the Tribe's
closer job in '07.  "But for an 0-2 high fastball that Gary Matthews Jr.
launched out of the park, the Nando sured raised my plucked eyebrows,"
exclaimed Winick.  "I can see why Brad traded half his team for this guy.  I
can see why Jansen rebuffed Klein's repeated efforts for Hansen--why buy a
$9 minor league set-up guy when you can have a Fernando?!"

*Best Closer of the Future