[USML Announce] Free Spending Shabes Outduels Bro-in-Law in First Head-to-Head Match

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon May 15 16:48:40 EDT 2006

"You know things are getting ugly when the likes of Bubba Crosby get bought
for an incredible $16," intoned the atavistic Jeffery Winick.  "But it's
obvious to me if no one else that Douglas Shabelman has made a commitment to
win this season, even if Mark Kerber refuses to relinquish the Damon.  But's
it also interesting to note that the traditionally tightfisted Andy Klein
was willing to spend $15 on the Bubba.  After all the $5 players Andy bought
last week, I thought he was embarking on another rebuilding project.  I
guess I was wrong.  But I cannot help but note that had the K-9 acquired
Crosby, Klein planned to waive minor league 'prospect' Don Murphy.  I know
for a fact that Klein had peddled this guy mercilessly and relentlessly to
Brad.  I'm glad Brad wasn't as gullible as Klein had figured.  It's stunts
like this that should serve as a cautionary tale for all who try to deal
with Andy: he loves to oversell his 'talent,' and it begins with Craig
Hansen.  But it stops with me, Klein, hear me??!!"