[USML Announce] To Those Seeking Trades with Calamari

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 18:27:44 EDT 2006

Hey,

I know that there are at least 3 of you who have made trade proposals to me in the last few days.  Tomorrow, I'm going to Boston for a wedding.  Although I may be able to check email from time-to-time, I don't think I will really have a chance to do the necessary due diligence (had to work in a legalism somewhere) to consider trade offers until after the Memorial Day weekend.  Sorry about that.

  Note that none of you should take this message as any concession that I've given up for this year.  I haven't made a decision on direction yet and hope still springs eternal along the banks of Lake Michigan.  And yes, as I type this Randy Johnson, the alleged ace of my staff, has given up a 2 run HR to Manny.  Oh well.

  -Jim