[USML Announce] USML 2006 - A Top Ten List

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 13:20:48 EDT 2006

The top 10 reasons that 2006 was a banner year for the USML:

10.   A team other than the Block's Bombers finished in 5th  place (if only
because the Bombers finished in 8th).
9.     The Block's Bombers finished ahead of both  Brad Jansen and Jeff
Winick (if only because they both dumped).
8.    Other than a few intemperate outbursts by Andy  Klein and the usual
rabble rousing by Buddha, this was a perfectly harmonious  year.
7.    Not a single "outcome determinative"  constitutional ruling was
necessary.
6.    Doug Shabelman did not throw up in our presence  during the draft.
5.    Coner Jackson is a new and valued member of the  league and Brad Jansen
returns to add his unique energy and vitality to the  league.
4.    Brad Jansen, Mark Kerber, Rich Robbins and Jeff  Winick have started a
semi-regular Billy Goat gathering.
3.    There were real, honest-to-goodness non-dump  trades in the league this
year and one of them darn near led a team to  victory.
2.    The lines in the sand have been drawn in the form  of COPS and DUMP.

and the #1 reason why USML 2006 was a banner year:

1.    The AYM and the Nukes each put together two  of the best campaigns in
the history of the USML.  In any other year, the  excellent draft and deft
trading of the AYM would have been enough for a  title.  In 2006, that outstanding
effort was overcome by an equally  impressive effort by the Nukes.  When you
consider what Mark K. was able to  accomplish given a middle of pack retention
roster, you can't do anything other  than express admiration.  Thanks guys.

As a personal aside, and further testament to the strength of this league,  I
am proud to announce that I have once again captured the title in the only
Experts keeper league, the XFL.  I can tell you that Shandler, Patton, et  al.
having nothing on you guys.

Jeff Winick