[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Deal: Rips, K-9 Duke It Out, Come To Terms On First Off-Season Deal

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:58:54 EDT 2006

"It's my first step in trying to pass both the Berliners and the Bombers in
next year's standings," explained Rips CEO Brad Jansen, "And for Andy Klein,
it's an opportunity to rebuild with a talented, but troubled young man."

Here is the Deal:  Riptorns trade Kelly Shoppach and Elijah Dukes for Ryan
Sweeney.

"Brad had promised, indeed threatened, to make several 2 for 1 and 3 for 1
deals this off-season," stated Andrew Klein, "And I am only too happy to
enjoy the Riptorns' largesse.  Dukes is just the kind of young player who I
expect to jumpstart my team in '10, and Shoppach is a solid complement to my
other catcher Mike Napoli.  One hits for power, and the other plays once a
week.  I'm set."