[USML Announce] League Braces for a Blast of A Mighty Lind

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:51:36 EDT 2006

After watching Toronto supernova Adam Lind (Rips-$5/ minor leaguer) slug his
way through a tenth consecutive multi-hit performance, The effervescent roto
scholar Jeffrey Winick could barely stop from bubbling over.

"At Buddha's behest, I will be succint, as only I can, and without prejudice
to my fine-tuned analytical skills," enthused the always on-point Winick as
he toted about his new Macy's shopping bag.  "Adam Lind will hit us next
year like a full-force gale.  There are no words or phrases in my expansive
lexicon to describe his batting eye, his batter's box presence, his OPS, OBP
and DNA. I have no algebraic formula ready to quantify his power stroke, his
upside, his overwhelming trade value. But I know this: teams will have to
trade Brad Lee three players just to mutter Lind's name in Brad's presence.
He's that good, God willing.  Time for a Frango.  Mmmmmm, they're good."