[USML Announce] Exile on Pain St., Track One--Sox Off

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 22:48:39 EDT 2006

In 52 years on this planet,  about  43  have been devoted to the White Sox.
You guys know how it is, whatever the team ... most disappointing year ever
as a Sox fan, and not because of last year, but because they had the biggest
payroll, the deepest talent and the greatest fan support ever--and turned
out to be the biggest batch of underachievers I've seen in a long, long time
(even more offensive than '04 Cubs, no?).  I know there are probably some
undisclosed "nagging" injuries, but come on--not one significant injury to
blame this year--but no spunk, no fight, no shoulder chips,
nothing...They've played like a 5th place team the last few weeks, playing
out the string. To me the responsibility starts at the top and if Williams
is as brash and bold an executive as he likes to be portrayed, Guillen is
gone, along with the likely suspects on that roster. This record is
inexcusable.

Carl Everett, you may not be playing baseball right now, but your spring
training prediction was right on the money, I must bitterly admit...mercy.