[USML Announce] And the Closer is . . .

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 13:52:54 EDT 2006

Talk about selective editing ...

<<
The Herald reports that the Sox and Matt Clement hope to get him back on
an MLB mound before the seasons end and he has started working off of
the mound towards that end. The Herald suggests that with Jonathan
Papelbon moving to the rotation Clement could be in the mix to close
games for the Sox next year. Don't buy into that yet, it doesn't make
sense. We don't even know if Clement is a viable MLB pitcher at this
point and the Sox will be willing to eat some salary if they can
convince a mid-payroll team that a lower pressure situation will bring
out the best in Matt.
<<