[USML Announce] Baseball America Honors Rips' Prospects, FutureUSML Magic Beans

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 10:42:01 EDT 2006

Brad Lee,

My heartiest congratulations. Small consolation for finishing behind me, I imagine, but you are nicely set up to rectify that next year.  I don't believe that either Marte or Upton made this particular list last year so I'm not sure Andy's comments should be taken as anything other than sour grapes. Understandable when you consider the miserable performances of all of the so-called low-risk, non prospect studs that were supposed to drive him to victory this year. These COPS guys would have you believe that the Jhonny Peralta's and Coco Crisps of the world are money in the bank while highly rated minor league prospects of the sort that you have stocked your roster with are nothing but shots in the dark. The record sure seems to suggest otherwise.

By the way, I'll be providing an update on the Peralta - Swisher stats shortly, but it sure looks like Andy owes fellow COP PT/KR an apology.

Jeff
Sent from my BlackBerry? wireless handheld