[USML Announce] USML Transactions - IMPORTANT - Change in procedures

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 19:51:30 EDT 2007

League:

  We are making two changes to the timing and manner that transactions  are
submitted.  Please read carefully.

1.  From this point forward, FAAB bids and WAIVER claims must be  submitted
by Saturday at noon, not Sunday at noon.

2.  From this point forward, the winning bidder must submit an e-mail  to
usmltrans that lists the amount of his winning bid, the next closest bid, if
any, and the amount of FAAB dollars that should be restored to his FAAB  budget.
Winnng bidders will have two reporting periods to submit this  information,
after which no adjustments will be made.

  Why are we making these changes?  Here are the reasons:

A.  The All Star Stats system builds in a one-day lag period between  the day
it runs its "evaluator" program (which determines the winning FAAB bids)  and
the day transactions are effective, and up until now, we have not been
complying with that procedure.  To keep our Sunday transaction periods, we  will
have FAAB bidding conclude on Saturday.

B.  The Saturday deadline for FAAB also eliminates the need to send  e-mails
with lists of differing contingencies (e.g., if I get player X put him  on
active, and if I get player Y, put him on reserve).  Instead, you can  check on
Saturday afternoon to see if you acquired a player, and if you did, you  have a
full day to decide how to configure your roster accordingly.  (In  hindsight,
we should have done this long ago, because it would have made the
commissioner's task much easier by eliminating the need to sort through scores  of
contingencies.).

C.  The need to report the restored FAAB dollars is our way of dealing  with
our league's e-bay bidding system.

  Finally, for at least one more week, submit e-mails to  usmltrans.  After
this week, we will likely discontinue this  practice.

  Let me know if you have any questions.