[USML Announce] USML Transactions - IMPORTANT - Change in procedures

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 22:00:46 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/25/2007 8:06:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
bljansen at gmail.com writes:

Mark:
How do we find out next lowest bid?  And  please remind me: how to establish
a FAAB's salary when (i) only one team bids  on a guy, and (ii) more than one
time bids on a guy?  Thanks!
BLJ

Brad:

  Excellent questions!  Since you are holding your breath and  refusing to
make any trades, it appears you have used the time wisely to study  up on our
rules.  But, I digress....

  Answers:

Q.  How do I find the next lowest bid?

A.  On the league home page, on the left-hand side, look for the  "Manage My
Team" heading, and underneath it, and click on "evaluator  results."  This
will show the ranking of the bids for each player.   For example, this week, two
teams bid for Matt Kata.  Both teams bid $10,  but the lower team in the
standings was awarded the player (see the "rank"  indicator on the left).  In cases
where both team do not bid the same  amount, the second ranked bid amount is
the next highest bid.

Q.  How do you establish the FAAB salary?

A.  Brad, surely you jest...we did this all last year!  If only  one team
bids on a player, the salary of the acquired player is $5.  If  more than one
team bids on a player, the salary is $1 more than the second  highest bid.  For
example, if we both bid on a player, but Brad bids $50  and I bid $7, Brad gets
the player for $8.