[USML Announce] Zu-Ma-Ya -- My Lawd! Or, Serious Question Regarding Proce...

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 11:00:33 EDT 2007

Mark,

There are two ways we can handle things, either (1) we keep things as they now are, so that teams can use the automated system on Saturday and then get their team into roster compliance on Sunday or (2) we can limit FAAB transactions to those that will maintain roster integrity, regardless of outcome.  The option we have used in the past - i.e. teams can FAAB for whomever they want and then lay out multiple scenarios for the commissioner to sort out is no longer an option.  Truth is that Mark has been a hero for doing that for all of these years.  But this is the only league I've ever been in where teams are allowed to make "contingent" bids and "conditional" bids and offer up all kinds of alternatives depending upon the outcome of the FAAB.  Every other league that I'm in requires teams to line up FAAB to particular players such that roster integrity is assured, regardless of outcome.  If we want to allow ourselves the flexibility of our current approach of more unfettered FAAB, then the two day approach is the only choice.