[USML Announce] Just Trying to Be Helpful

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Aug 6 06:33:42 EDT 2007

I too am not happy with the web site.  There's too much I find
counter-intuitive.  I would welcome a discussion of alternatives.
  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of MBBlocker at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:05 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Just Trying to Be Helpful

In a message dated 8/5/2007 5:37:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
jhwinick at aol.com writes:

Ah, but I'd did have FAAB dollars left since the successful bid on Betemit
was 34, leaving me with 43 dollars left.

I had been led to believe that a blockbuster trade was imminent with
Blocker. Guess you're going to ride it out. Since Brad long ago annointed
you as champ, I can't imagine there's anything to worry about.

Good luck.

Jeff
Sent from my BlackBerryR wireless handheld

All:

  Just back from the remote woods of Northern Wisconsin.  I can confirm that
I had trade talks with various teams, making my long drive home today much
more enjoyable.  An actual quote from my wife at 12:12 p.m.:  "Well, the
deadline has passed."

  With regard to Jeff's message above, I was wondering how we should handle
the various bids/results of the weekend.  Some of Jeff's bids show up on the
evaluator results as "over limit."  Jeff may well be correct in the message
above about how to treat those bids, but I was wondering if others share
that view.

  I will offer one observation here that I think Jeff's e-mail points up: I
think the All Star Stats website was not worth the extra money we paid.  I
think it could well be a fine system for other leagues, but I think it is
ill-suited to our rules, particularly the e-bay style FAAB bidding.  In
addition, lets not forget the many start-up issues we experienced at the
beginning of the season.  Once the current season concludes, we should have
a discussion about whether to return to TQ Stats, or some other cheaper
alternative.  Just one person's opinion.

  -- Mark B.

  _____

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com
<http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982> .