[USML Announce] Riptorns: The Gift That Keeps on Giving....

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Wed Aug 8 21:27:51 EDT 2007

Quinlan?  Brad -- are you on drugs?

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Brad Jansen
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 4:21 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: [USML Announce] Riptorns: The Gift That Keeps on Giving....

Now that the Trade Deadline has passed, now that the K-9 are gassed, I can
start reviewing my roster and begin the dreaded months long task of
winnowing my keeper list...and as I begin that project I cannot help but
take stock of all the fine Riptorns that found their way onto other rosters
this best of all seasons....to the Angries went Markakis and Longoria, to
the Brats went Dustin McGowan...to the K-9 Ichiro, Blalock, Embree...to the
Hoosiers went Maggs, Beckett and the much-maligned Fernando Cabrera...to the
Red Hots went Quinlan, Ellsbury...the Nukes- Young Alex and Big Billy and
Adam Gone With The Lind.... the GOP got K-Rod...the Berliners, Ortiz, Manny,
Abreu,  DeJesus and Javy Vazquez...and to the Bombers and Calamari went my
good will and best wishes.

I hope and pray that the fine players you received from me brought you some
degree of satisfaction. Now I must turn to the future and count on the likes
of Hughes, Carlos Pena (Jeffrey: what is he hitting since you traded him to
me?), the Miller Men, Dice K, Alexi the Great, the Byrd Man and Daric "Fight
The Power" Barton.  It's all good innit?

And, finally, I say congrats to the Daddies on a stunning season--the End is
near, the Finish Line is at end, it's Apocalypse Now for the K-9 and the
Daddies will be remembered for the Greatest Season Ever.  No Damon is strong
enough to represent the incredible success of the Daddies' 2007
campaign....Someone, anyone, find the guy who carved that stone tribute to
Ma Nugent and commission something for the Dads--if we can pay $50 for a
stat service that can't keep up with Rich Robbins' bizarre intuition, we
certainly can pay a sculptor to carve a rock for Rick....

That's all for now,
regards,
Brad Lee