[USML Announce] Bombers' Brilliance Nets Cheap Bosox Closer

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 08:48:16 EST 2007

Dictated but not proofread by The Winick:
   "Dearest Andy:
       Rotoworld? The Boston Globe?  Small wonder you are a perennial
also-ran if you rely on such publications to guide your roto strategy.  At
least allow Blocker to have a brief moment of sunshine in his drab,
corporate existence.  I have reviewed the litany of potential Bosox closer
candidates, including the Nationals' Chad Cordero (quite likely to be
packaged in a deal that includes your Wily Mo, I'm afraid to tell you), and
frankly Craig Hansen does not even make the B list.  I *would* urge you to
keep an eye on flamethrower Manny Delcarmen (Rips/$5/yr1), who clearly has
better stuff than Piniero, and is a talent who warrants a look by teams
looking to rebuild this season, including yours.  On a related note, I see
that Keith Foulke ($21/y1) is headed to the Indians, a definite boon for the
Lake Michigan Caligula, given the paucity of keepers on their rsoter. That
is all on this subject."