[USML Announce] NOTICE OF HOT WAX SEAL--Rips Don't Putz Around

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 13:39:38 EST 2007

...And to handle any press inquiries, take your pick of the Rips' rationale
for this move (other than the usual ones questioning my sanity, decency,
etc....):
   1.  Jeff told me at lunch today what "putz" meant in Yiddish and told me
it was bad to have one on my roster.  We hurriedly agreed to terms.

   2.   Prior to last year's draft, Jeff and I agreed that if I drafted Putz
for less than $3 and he became a closer, then I would trade Putz to Jeff on
MLK Day '07 on condition that (i) Jeff  obtain Brandon Wood at any price to
trade me, and (ii) also throw in a second minor leaguer of my choice who I
had not already traded to Jeff.  That left Longoria.

  3.  Buddha did not return my calls for Daric Barton.

  4.  Robbins refuses to part with Cameron Maybin, let alone discuss deals
until Easter.

That is not all!!!!
Brad Lee