[USML Announce] Notice From Riptorns' Ownership

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 09:34:53 EST 2007

Dear Good Fellows:
  The Riptorns' ownership team, Brad, Conor (please note the spelling for
the last time) and Ryan, will be attending SoxFest this weekend and,
therefore, will be unavailable to field any calls, emails or telegrams from
tomorrow morning until late SUN afternoon.  Those in communication with the
Rips concerning Messrs. Zumaya, Lugo, Thome,  Jerry Owens, Jeffrey Winick,
 etc....you know who you are...are urged to
post proposals/counter-proposals/counter-insurgencies by day's end.
   Notwithstanding my love of the Pale Hose (and my extreme delight
that members of the '77 So. Side Hit Men will be in attendance...ah, the
sweet joys of hanging out in the grandstands and bleachers back then...I'm
catching a buzz just thinkin' about it...), I predict a 3rd-place finish
this year.  I just think the Indians are gonna get enough out of that potent
offense and reconstructed bullpen and the Tigers enough out of
their veterans to beat back the Sox, even if their pitching recovers some
health and mojo.  Thoughts?

Pitch to Zisk At Risk,
BLJ