[USML Announce] USML - Cubs connection ?

mbblocker at aol.com mbblocker at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 11:59:34 EDT 2007

Tom's brother Pete (who also had a USML team in 1989) was my roommate in college (Univ. of Chicago).? Tom also went to UofC and he and I got to be friends through Pete.? Since then, I have represented Tom's company in litigation, and worked on Pete's unsuccessful Senate campaign, but those are both way after-the-fact in this story.? Neither are lawyers.

When the league was first founded, many of the owners were college friends, or friends of my college friends who worked at Lexecon, and some of us were from sidley.? I think about half of the league ownership in 1989 worked at Lexecon.? Over the next few years, many of the "Lexecon owners" were replaced with "Sidley owners" (including you) and I know you know the history from there.

Thanks for asking, so that I had an excuse to take a trip down (a very?pleasant) memory lane.

? -- Mark B.