[USML Announce] Winick Curt About Schilling Woes

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:09:04 EDT 2007

Already reeling from crippling injuries to Joe "Get Back" Crede, Mark
Grudzielanek, Rich Harden, Rocco Baldelli, as well as the woefully
underperforming Frank Thomas, Richie Sexson and Alex "Blame it On" Rios,
Berliners COO Jeffrey Winick was noticeably mum and uncomfortably numb about
pitching ace Curt Schilling's visit to a medical facility for an MRI exam of
his ailing shoulder.

"Schilling's last two outings --11 ER and 19 H in 9 IP-- puts him on par
with the Rips' Edwin Jackson,"  observed League pugilist Andy Klein.  "And
that's not what Winick had on his mind when he traded the $6 Francisco
Liriano to the Nukes to procure Schilling's services on draft day.

"The roto gods have been unkind to Winick this season and I expect the Rips
will show him little mercy as well," Klein continued.  "There is only so
much water a sinking boat can handle and the U.S.S. Jeffrey is going down
fast.  I figure the Rips will blow by them in the standings no matter what
else Jansen does to screw up his team. It's that bad for the Berliners.
Please, hand me my trumpet so I can play 'Taps.' "