[USML Announce] Winick Declares: It's Miller Time!

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:59:37 EDT 2007

Dear Gang:
   Let others trade for beat-up busted down has beens like Curt Schilling.
Let others go wild on draft day overpaying for overhyped DL dandies like
Rich Harden.  Let others waste their time casting for clues in the
stats-driven nuggets dropped by Ron Shandler and buy guys like Boof Bonser
at $14 over their true value.
   Because today I cast my lot, as well as my stones, with the Riptorns, who
happily parted ways with ace closer K-Rod to acquire the USML's youngest,
hottest, cheapest Ace, the $2 Andrew Miller, without doubt the best talent
of last year's baseball draft and by far the brightest star of young
American-born pitchers playing the game today.  I saw him pitch last night,
as I'm sure many of you did.  His poise, his 98 MPH curve, his presence
haunts me as I type these words.
    And with an arms armada of studs like Dustin One-Hit McGowan, Josh He's
Not For Sale Beckett, Zack Royals Next Closer Greinke, and Edwin Just One
Game Will Ya? Jackson, there is no doubt in my fevered mind that the Rips'
ship has set sail for success.  See how the main sail sets, lads, but for me
I'm knitting my socks into the white flag of surrender.  This bong hit's for
you, Brad Lee.
That is so all,
Jeffrey Winick, Believer In Free Speech