[USML Announce] USML 2007 - Rosters

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 20:02:36 EST 2007

Gang:

  Well, the 2007 season is almost upon us.  This will be our 19th  year of
league existence.  While I am somewhat later than usual with my  annual kick-off
e-mail, I promise to get back into the swing of things  shortly.  I have two
items to cover today.

  First, retention rosters.  The constitutionally mandated  deadline is March
15.  However, because this day falls on a weekday, as in  years past, I am
extending the deadline to the following Saturday.  This  means that retention
rosters will be due on Saturday, March 17, by 5:00  p.m.  This avoids having to
figure out freeze lists in the midst  of a busy work week (or, in Brad's case,
in between composition of league-wide  e-mails and trade phone calls).

  Retention rosters should be submitted as follows.  Please  e-mail them to
_usmltrans at aol.com_ (mailto:usmltrans at aol.com) ; you may  also send a
league-wide e-mail if you choose.  When you submit your roster,  please indicate the
player's name, new salary (if changed), and new contract  status.  If you are
adding one year to the contract, the status should be  listed as LT08; if two
years, LT09, if three years, LT10.  Please consult  the rules carefully on
number of players you can retain.

  Second, stat service.  We have used TQ Stats for many  years.  Its
principal advantages are (1) its cheap, and (2) its  familiar.  Some league members
have suggested switching to All Star  Stats.  It principal advantage is that it
is more robust, but it also more  expensive ($45 per team).  I am indifferent
between the two services, but I  am sensitive to league members who want to
save money.  I therefore think  that we should switch only if there is
substantial agreement to do so.   Please respond by e-mail indicating your preference.

  Information about draft day will be circulated later.  Let me  know if you
have any other questions.
http://www.aol.com.