[USML Announce] USML 2007 - Rosters

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 09:18:34 EST 2007

I'm willing to switch the more expensive service but I'm also happy with TQ Stats. It doesn't really make much difference to me.

MBBlocker at aol.com wrote:      Gang:

    Well, the 2007 season is almost upon us.  This will be our 19th year of league existence.  While I am somewhat later than usual with my annual kick-off e-mail, I promise to get back into the swing of things shortly.  I have two items to cover today.

    First, retention rosters.  The constitutionally mandated deadline is March 15.  However, because this day falls on a weekday, as in years past, I am extending the deadline to the following Saturday.  This means that retention rosters will be due on Saturday, March 17, by 5:00 p.m.  This avoids having to figure out freeze lists in the midst of a busy work week (or, in Brad's case, in between composition of league-wide e-mails and trade phone calls).

    Retention rosters should be submitted as follows.  Please e-mail them to usmltrans at aol.com; you may also send a league-wide e-mail if you choose.  When you submit your roster, please indicate the player's name, new salary (if changed), and new contract status.  If you are adding one year to the contract, the status should be listed as LT08; if two years, LT09, if three years, LT10.  Please consult the rules carefully on number of players you can retain.

    Second, stat service.  We have used TQ Stats for many years.  Its principal advantages are (1) its cheap, and (2) its familiar.  Some league members have suggested switching to All Star Stats.  It principal advantage is that it is more robust, but it also more expensive ($45 per team).  I am indifferent between the two services, but I am sensitive to league members who want to save money.  I therefore think that we should switch only if there is substantial agreement to do so.  Please respond by e-mail indicating your preference.

    Information about draft day will be circulated later.  Let me know if you have any other questions.