[USML Announce] chicken pox question from karen (mark's wife)

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 15:35:17 EDT 2007

I don't know anyone who fits that category but I came down with chickenpox twice.  Apparently if you get chickenpox as a baby then you may not build up the immunity.  I got it the first time before I was 1 years old (obviously don't remember it personally) and the second time when I was 4 (I do remember that time).  So, I guess the lesson learned from that story is don't bother vaccinating infants because it might not take.

  -Jim

SpringKerb at aol.com wrote:
  hi!  i'm working on a newsweek story about the chicken pox vaccine and am desperately seeking:

1) kids who were vaccinated but still came down with chicken pox

2) kids whose families declined to get the vaccine in the first place.

if you know anyone who might be willing to talk to me, please email me! sorry to abuse the league email list, but mark gave me permission! thanks. karen