[USML Announce] Whither Craig Hansen?

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 11:55:37 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/27/2007 11:13:08 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
anrklein at yahoo.com writes:

Remember  when we used to require that a particular pitcher was the first
player tossed  out in the auction (wasn't it Doug Jones?).  I say we do that with
 Hansen.  I promise to bid ...

-Andy

_jhwinick at aol.com_ (mailto:jhwinick at aol.com)  wrote:
Somehow it seems to have gone entirely unnoticed that the Klein Nine  failed
to protect The Man, Craig Hansen.  Surely it must have been a  mistake.  I
know that Papelbon has been re-annointed as the Closer, but  Andy wasn't deterred
by that last year.  He must have rebuffed at least  3 trade offers apiece
from Brad and I for the young man.

I'm assuming that Andy just let this slip his mind and I, for one,  would
like to propose that we give Andy a mulligan and let him add Hansen to  his
roster.  Seems only fair, since surely given all of the past  bravado, it MUST have
been his intention to keep him.

That is all.

Jeff Winick

I am completely on board with Craig Hansen being the first toss.  Now,  who's
going to help me bid him up?