[USML Announce] Serious Rule Change Proposal

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 17:07:58 EDT 2007

I'm begining to feel like Henry Clay here.  In any event, since it's my rule, please don't overlook the other part of my proposal.  The trader should not have to activate the contract of the player in order to trade him earlier than the June 1 deadline.  Rather the player should just be eligible to be activated (that is called up from the minors to the AL team).  The recipient owner should then be the one required to activate the player.  Otherwise a) it could add a week long delay to a trade and b) the original owner runs the risk of activating a player, only not to be able to trade him.

  Jim

Brad Jansen <bljansen at gmail.com> wrote:
    Gang:
    I know a few owners have not weighed in, but I ask Andy to please withdraw his proposal with the understanding that we will proceed to vote on the Barrett Rule.  That sure would simplify things and reduce the rhetoric (as entertaining as it's getting, we're getting to a brink here that even an Ass Wipe has to pause before another crack, so to speak).
    Andy, I ask: will you withdraw your proposal?
  Brad