[USML Announce] HATE TO BE A SNITCH

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 13:56:21 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/29/2007 1:43:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
JHWinick at aol.com writes:

Mark,

Given that clarification, there are only 4 votes in favor of the
Klein/Blocker proposal and it cannot secure the necessary six votes for  passage.  There
are 5 solid votes against and Rick has wisely chosen to  abstain.

Since each USML member now is apparently authorized to put rule  changes to
the league for a vote, I hereby submit the following rule  change for a league
wide vote:

The Constitution will be changed to reflect a prohibition on any trades
prior to June 1 of any players who's USML contract has not yet begun to  run.

To make this easy, I am going to exclude Jim's exception that would allow
teams to trade rookie eligible players prior to June 1st as long as the
acquiring team activates the player immediately upon receipt.  I think  its easier to
just have a blanket prohibition prior to June.

Please cast your votes.

Jeff

Just to beat Brad Lee to the punch, I wanted to correct a typographical
error in my message - it should read "whose" rather than "who's".

More importantly, I withdraw my request and instead defer to Rich's  approach.

Jeff Winick