[USML Announce] The Race

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Wed Sep 26 10:19:02 EDT 2007

As for the race for 4th, that literally does change every day, and there are too many categories implicated to have any meaningful assessment.  The two head-to-head categories are wins and saves.  In a tie, Buddha owns the second tie-breaker.  However, if I have to lose out on 4th, I am glad to lose to a team that chose such an inspiring team logo.

  -- Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of jhwinick at aol.com
	Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:56 AM
	To: announce at usml.net
	Subject: [USML Announce] The Race

	In case there was any question, I seriously wish to disassociated myself from the comments made by Brad Lee that were inaccurately attributed to me.  Even I don't have the chutzpah to declare victory with 5 days left and 2 points separating 3 teams.  This is going to be one hell of a finish.

	One of the great features of All Star Stats is the live scoring.  At various points last night, the order of the top three teams changed by virtue of a single at bat or a single inning pitched.  Its going to be exceptionally close and won't be decided until the last day and possibly the last few innings.

	Here's my take on where things are:

	The current standings have the Berliners at 93, Hoosiers at 92 and K9 at 91.

	The key categories are:

	     Home Runs - where the Hoosiers have only a 2 HR lead on the Bombers
	     RBI's - where the K9 are 3 RBI ahead of the GOP and 6 ahead of the Berliners
	     Saves - where the K9 are 1 save behind the GOP
	     Ratio - where the K9 are .0025 behind the Red Hots

	Other categories where there is a lesser, but still real potential of change:

	     Stolen Bases - where the Hoosiers are 3 down to the Riptorns, 3 up on the Calamari and the K9 are 4 down to the Brats
	     ERA - where the Hoosiers are .055 down to the Red Hots
	     Ratio - where the Hoosiers are .0083 down to the Calamari
	     Strikeouts - where the K9 are 27 down to the Berliners and 18 up on the Hoosiers, the Hoosiers are 18 down to the K9 and the Berliners are 22 down on the Brats and 27 up on the K9.

	Bottom line is that if over the next 5 days things don't deviate greatly from where they have been for the last few weeks, the Berliners will finish with 93 to 95 points, the Hoosiers will finish with 91 to 93 points and the K9 will finish with 89 to 93 points.

	In the event of a tie, Rick wins all tiebreakers at least according to my review of the rules (and that includes a three way tie).  Andy would win the tiebreaker with me.

	And that isn't all.  There's also a tie at 66 points between the GOP and the Bombers in the key Drive for Five.  I believe that those two teams have changed places nearly every other day for the last week.  I'll leave it up to Mr. Blocker or Buddha to enlighten us on the key categories at play in that race, but at least one of them is RBIs where Buddha is currently 3 RBI behind the K9 and 3 RBI ahead of the Berliners.

	Good luck to everyone involved in the best stretch run in the illustrious history of the USML.

	That is all.

	Jeff Winick
________________________________

	Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail <http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/index.htm?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000970> !

Sidley Austin LLP mail server made the following annotations on 09/26/07, 10:16:02:
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service.  In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.

immediately.