[USML Announce] USML - League Update

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 21:24:28 EDT 2008

League:
This is an update on the following issues: (a) FAAB bidding generally,  (b)
the FAAB bids from last week, and (c) website cleanup issues.  This is  a long
e-mail, but please read all the way to the end.
1.         FAAB bidding generally
Well, it turns out that our website does employ an ?on? switch for FAAB
bidding, and I have now flicked it on, so hence forth, FAAB bidding should run
fine (note: I have never seen such a ?feature? in any of the other websites we
 have used).  Please go to the ?help  center? to review the means by which
the system adjudicates FAAB bids.  For at least one more week, though,  please
send a confirming e-mail to usmltrans.
Important note on timing:  For the foreseeable future, please enter FAAB
moves by Friday at  midnight.  I have a question into  CBS to determine when moves
are actually processed, but if you put them in after  12:01 a.m. Saturday,
you are proceeding at your own risk.  When CBS tells me the actual deadline, I
will let you know.
This is how things should work going forward.  You input FAAB moves.  The
system will notify you on Saturday  if you re the winning bidder and allow you to
add and drop the requested  players.  Once you do so, you can  also make
conforming roster moves.
2.         FAAB bids from last week
I have manually reviewed the FAAB bids, and here are the winning bids  from
last week (with new salary in parenthesis):
Riptorns:  Lowe (28), A.  Melhuse (5)
Klein Nine:  C. Thomas (7),  E. O?Flaherty (5), B. Fahey (5)
Hoosiers:  D. Bautista (5),  J. Bale (10), M. Tolbert (5)
Nukes:  W. Aybar  (5)
With respect to all of the players listed above, I have added them to the
indicated roster, waived the requested players, and made all conforming roster
moves, all retroactive to this past Sunday.  In addition, I have set the
contracts  and salaries for all of the acquired players and adjusted each affected
team's  FAAB budgets.
One request:  please go to  the website and delete all of your FAAB bids from
last week to avoid confusing  the system.
3.         Website cleanup
I have done the following website cleanup: (a) entered salaries for all
players that did not previously have listed salaries, (b) changed the contract
status of all players that have been activated to Y1, and (c) adjusted all of
the FAAB budgets.  If you see any  remaining issues with your roster or that of
any other owner, please send me an  e-mail.
My apologies that it has taken a bit of time to get this up and  running.  I
have been out of town  both of the last two weekends, so that has not given me
much time to attend to  my USML duties.  I am pleased to  report I will be
around this weekend to help shepherd things through, so feel  free to call or
e-mail me if you have any questions.
--  Mark  B.