[USML Announce] WSJ.com - And Then There Was One

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 21:05:43 EDT 2008

I lived for that book. ?And Patton's, too. ?Too bad none of the fantasy scribes can actually write anymore. ?The current crop is a very bad joke.

By the way, my wife, Karen, has worked for many years with another of the pioneers--Mark Starr, owner of the Starr Gazers. ?He was originally a Boston sportswriter and then moved to Newsweek. ?I met him at the '96 Olympics in Atlanta, while Karen was there as part of Newsweek's Olympics coverage team. ?He still plays. ?He was one of the people that took Newsweek's recent buy-out offer and will be working for them on a contract basis.