[USML Announce] FAAB Fun

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Sun Aug 3 08:53:29 EDT 2008

Guys,

Just when it looked like it would be easy....

Here's the problem with Jim's bids.? It is impossible to discern how the system would treat them.? It is clear that you can bid contingently on the same player since the system will disregard all other bids for the same waived player once he has been replaced, but it is not at all clear how the system would handle bids that could theoretically take you well over the salary cap.? I've read the system rules again this morning and the real challenge is determining where the system starts its evaluation of bids.? In Jim's case that would have implications for who gets whom, what their resulting salaries will be and what player Jim will waive depending on what player he gets.? Jim had the theoretical high bid on two different players.? Because the system didn't process the Bay bids, there's no way to know whether (or IF) it would have awarded Jim either Bay or Nady.? I'm afraid that Jim's bids appear to be?exactly the kind of complication that Mark B was talking about.?

I obviously have a vested interest, so I'm going to pass the torch to someone else.? I don't think?there's?going to be a "good" answer for how to handle this one.

I do, however, have one request, that I suppose is largely moot at this point.? PLEASE send out your FAAB bids no later than Saturday morning.? Although FAAB is almost over and hopefully the system will work going forward, it would really help to have all of this information as soon as possible.? Thanks.