[USML Announce] Two Rule Proposals

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Jan 21 18:32:44 EST 2008

That's a really interesting idea Jim.  I'm very curious about what people think about that possibility.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  My initial thought is that we should not allow transferred FAAB to balance an otherwise imbalanced trade.  I say that just to be conservative.  I offered the proposal merely because I thought it was interesting and because it might add a fun element to the game.  If it could be used to diminish the force of our existing rules re imbalanced trades that might be too much.  It's an intriguing thought though.
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Barrett <chicagojab at yahoo.com>

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:51:12
To:USML Announcements <announce at usml.net>
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Two Rule Proposals

I'm in favor of the FAAB fund trading but have a question?- should/can FAAB funds be used to help balance trades?
?
I'm opposed to the NL stats proposal.

"Richard E. Robbins" <RERobbins at iTinker.net> wrote:
I've got two rule proposals.? I'll leave it to Packer Fan Mark to call for a vote at the appropriate time.
The first is that we permit FAAB funds to be traded (which I'm proposing on a whim) and the second is to count in-season statistics of players traded to the NL.
Here is the text to implement each.
Proposal ? Permit Trading of FAAB Funds
Proposed Revised Section 12.6
Trades may include FAAB funds (as defined in Section 14.2).? Trades involving FAAB funds shall be reported and become effective in accordance with Section 11.3.? No trade may be made for players to be named later, Auction funds, Rotation Draft positions or picks or future considerations of any kind.
Proposal ? Count Statistics of Players Traded to the National League
In order to implement this proposal, we would delete Section 14.6 and the references to Section 14.6 found in Section 15.5 and 16.5.
We would add the following text as a new Section or perhaps a stand-alone Article:
The statistics of a player who is on the Active Roster or the Reserve Roster of any League team and who is traded to the National League during the course of a season will be included in calculating the cumulative statistics of the League team that owns that player as if he remained in the American League.? The player can be activated, reserved, waived or traded by his League team, on the same basis as if he remained in the American League, except that if he is waived he may not be claimed on waivers.? This Section shall not limit the application of Section 17.1.