[USML Announce] Rule Proposal - Super Majority

Richard Robbins rerobbins at itinker.net
Tue Jan 22 17:12:25 EST 2008

And when would your proposal take effect?  Would it apply to proposals to be
made this off-season?

I vote No on this one (either way) because I do not think that we should
give a formal veto right to a minority of the league.

If, as last year, people want to work together for the good and welfare of
the league, that's great.  In fact, that's ideal -- but I don't think it
should be mandated.  However, in an eleven team league, you are saying that
it will take eight votes to pass a change.  Any band of four should not be
able to defeat a change that seven other owners want.

  _____